A sub forum where you can discuss non grace related stuff?

Please share suggestions for other sections to add to this discussion board.
KatyLipaNL

A sub forum where you can discuss non grace related stuff?

Post by KatyLipaNL » Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:45 am

How about an area where we can talk about other stuff than related to Grace?

You can think of a random corner where you can discuss random stuff. Examples of threads:
What is your wishlist for christmas? What would you do with a million dollars?

Or what about a section we can discuss general music related but not nessecary about Grace?
Example of threads: What concerts have you been to? What are your favorite albums released this year?

PratiMoksha

Re: A sub forum where you can discuss non grace related stuff?

Post by PratiMoksha » Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:27 pm

KatyLipaNL wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:45 am

You can think of a random corner where you can discuss random stuff. Examples of threads:

Or what about a section we can discuss general music related but not nessecary about Grace?
Example of threads: What concerts have you been to? What are your favorite albums released this year?
The miscellaneous topics section is the closest thing we have, I guess, although the topics there are still related to music and/or other endeavors Grace has been involved in, e.g. Stargirl movie. Yeah, to be honest, pretty much everything is at least tangentially related to Grace.

claw568332

Post by claw568332 » Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:55 pm

I don’t work for the forum so you can pretty much disregard what I say but the forum IS under The VanderVault for a reason, having random topics somewhat defeats the purpose of this being a forum and site devoted to Grace...

KatyLipaNL

Post by KatyLipaNL » Sun Nov 24, 2019 2:33 pm

PratiMoksha wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:27 pm
KatyLipaNL wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:45 am

The miscellaneous topics section is the closest thing we have, I guess, although the topics there are still related to music and/or other endeavors Grace has been involved in, e.g. Stargirl movie. Yeah, to be honest, pretty much everything is at least tangentially related to Grace.
I respect your choice, but I have seen forums dying because of lack of discussion about a certain artist. When Grace takes a break from music, there wont be much news and so not much to discuss. Now there is because we just got Letters, but I talk about the future.
So then its smart to be open for other artists as well.

Harlechmaker

Post by Harlechmaker » Sun Nov 24, 2019 3:00 pm

Well, there's at least one thread in Misc that covers the concept:

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=640

PratiMoksha

Post by PratiMoksha » Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:55 pm

KatyLipaNL wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 2:33 pm
I respect your choice, but I have seen forums dying because of lack of discussion about a certain artist. When Grace takes a break from music, there wont be much news and so not much to discuss. Now there is because we just got Letters, but I talk about the future.
That's a fair point.

However, it's not like this community was created last week. We've been around for near on two years now - since early 2019 here in this forum, and before that with an active discussion format organized around daily Op-Ed comments in our YouTube channel. Last year, Grace had a near-total musical hiatus for about five months while she was off filming Stargirl, and our discussions remained quite lively during that whole time.

Yes, should she decide to take a long break in the future, e.g. in order to finish her schooling, we may have to rethink how we operate here, but we'll cross that bridge if or when we get to it. For now we remain a Grace-centric discussion forum, albeit with some wiggle-room in the form of the Miscellaneous Topics section.

FredeeZiffel

Post by FredeeZiffel » Sat Nov 30, 2019 1:44 am

PratiMoksha wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:55 pm
KatyLipaNL wrote:
That's a fair point.

However, it's not like this community was created last week. We've been around for near on two years now - since early 2019 here in this forum, and before that with an active discussion format organized around daily Op-Ed comments in our YouTube channel. Last year, Grace had a near-total musical hiatus for about five months while she was off filming Stargirl, and our discussions remained quite lively during that whole time.

Yes, should she decide to take a long break in the future, e.g. in order to finish her schooling, we may have to rethink how we operate here, but we'll cross that bridge if or when we get to it. For now we remain a Grace-centric discussion forum, albeit with some wiggle-room in the form of the Miscellaneous Topics section.
I think this forum is capable "going with the flow" of Grace's career without dying. There need not be a threshold of activity to be considered successful or dead. Sometimes I actually think there is more than I have time to read, which is fine, but commenting gets problematic when I can't even keep up with all the comments. As for ongoing in depth discussion of other artists or sections for that purpose I would vote NO.

TomKauffman

Post by TomKauffman » Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:05 am

FredeeZiffel wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 1:44 am
PratiMoksha wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:55 pm
KatyLipaNL wrote:
That's a fair point.

I think this forum is capable "going with the flow" of Grace's career without dying. There need not be a threshold of activity to be considered successful or dead. Sometimes I actually think there is more than I have time to read, which is fine, but commenting gets problematic when I can't even keep up with all the comments. As for ongoing in depth discussion of other artists or sections for that purpose I would vote NO.
Agree!