Grace's Musical History - pre 2019

For standout performances in Grace's earlier years that you'd like to discuss some more
DarksomeNight

Grace's Musical History - pre 2019

Post by DarksomeNight » Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:37 pm

We never tire of talking about all of Graces songs and performances. Every once in a while someone finds a gem from years ago that slipped through the cracks or not given enough attention. Feel free to talk about it here. Just hit the reply button!

EricH

Re: Grace's Musical History - pre 2019

Post by EricH » Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:18 pm

October 26, 2014, at 10 years old Grace performed "If I Only Had A Brain". A flawless performance, a beautiful voice and note, no signature voice breaks. She not only sang the song perfectly but she did a great job of stumbling about as she sang. And when she sat on the floor and got up in the middle of the performance, it was gracefully done. Also, when she sang the words rain and pain she sang them softly and you could feel the emotion.
You never or rarely hear about this performance, but it is easy to see from this that Grace had a special talent at 10. I wonder if there are any other hidden gems like this.
https://youtu.be/vKp8YeZpqYc
Of special note, the woman introducing Grace, I believe, is the same woman who invited Grace to perform at open mic nights at the Beanrunner Cafe, suggesting that she and Tina VanderWaal knew each other.
Also, it has been suggested that this video proves that her friends knew that she sang. I would like to point out that there are almost exclusively adults at this performance and that it occurs in the same town that Grace has stated that she went to, to perform at open mic nights so her friends wouldn't see her perform.

I apologize, I've done it again. I've duplicated a post because I haven't yet gotten the hang of navigating this site.

EricH

Post by EricH » Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:50 pm

October 26, 2014, at 10 years old, 3 months before getting her first ukulele and 9 months before first performing at the Beanrunner Cafe, Grace VanderWaal performed a song from "The Wizard of Oz" as the scarecrow. At 10 she is already quite the performer. Pay special attention to the woman who introduces her. I believe you may have met her before. I believe she is the same woman who invited Grace to perform at open mic nights at the Beanrunner Cafe to begin Grace's career. I would give her a Golden Buzzer for this performance. Specially the way she emotes when she sings "rain" and "pain".

Last edited by EricH on Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Harlechmaker

Post by Harlechmaker » Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:36 am

Blows the whole "most of my friends don't know I sing" thing out of the water. She's using dynamics, has natural vibrato, and is doing movements and acting while singing. Unless the place was packed with her enemies, the jig is up! :lol:

EricH

Post by EricH » Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:54 am

Not so. She is here with mostly adults, and not in her home town. This is the same town she went to, to avoid having her friends hear her sing when she sang at the Beanrunner Cafe. Apparently Tina is friends with this Oz lady, who also seems to be the Beanrunner lady. A happy coincidence.
Sorry for the duplication. I'm having a little difficulty learning to navigate this site.
Last edited by EricH on Wed Mar 27, 2019 1:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

EricH

Post by EricH » Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:58 am

Harlechmaker wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:36 am
Blows the whole "most of my friends don't know I sing" thing out of the water. She's using dynamics, has natural vibrato, and is doing movements and acting while singing. Unless the place was packed with her enemies, the jig is up! :lol:
Not so. She is here with mostly adults, and not in her home town. This is the same town she went to, to avoid having her friends hear her sing when she sang at the Beanrunner Cafe. Apparently Tina is friends with this Oz lady, who also seems to be the Beanrunner lady. A happy coincidence. How easy it is to make assumptions and jump to conclusions. One assumption I am making and conclusion I am jumping to is that,Tina is the driving force for getting Grace into the public eye. I will wager she hooked Grace up with this Oz lady(Obviously I don't know her name.) and later hooked her up again at the Beanrunner, and finally, we all know she signed her up to audition for AGT. Tina recognized that her daughter had more than just the average amount of talent early on, but still wouldn't buy her a ukulele for her birthday.

Harlechmaker

Post by Harlechmaker » Wed Mar 27, 2019 4:11 am

I was hoping you would figure out I was joking about the friends/enemies part of my post. And you are correct that the woman giving out the introductions is indeed Scarlett Antonia, Grace's former music teacher and the host of the open mic nights at the Bean Runner.

PratiMoksha

Post by PratiMoksha » Wed Mar 27, 2019 6:30 am

Guys, and Eric H in particular, if the order in this thread is a bit weird, it's because I've merged two topics as we decided this topic did not belong in "State of Grace" which is more for recent and future happenings, rather than going back in time.

Any apparent breaks in logic or flow in here stem from my clumsy/botched attempt at turning multiple posts into one conversation.

EricH

Post by EricH » Wed Mar 27, 2019 6:38 am

Harlechmaker wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 4:11 am
I was hoping you would figure out I was joking about the friends/enemies part of my post. And you are correct that the woman giving out the introductions is indeed Scarlett Antonia, Grace's former music teacher and the host of the open mic nights at the Bean Runner.
I was wondering what a "hater" was doing on this site. I am sorry that I did not realize it was a joke. Unfortunately, a joke, even among friends can become something darker when misconstrued. If this were YouTube instead of the Vault, an ugly rumor would be starting about now and trolls would be spreading it.

EricH

Post by EricH » Wed Mar 27, 2019 6:45 am

PratiMoksha wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 6:30 am
Guys, and Eric H in particular, if the order in this thread is a bit weird, it's because I've merged two topics as we decided this topic did not belong in "State of Grace" which is more for recent and future happenings, rather than going back in time.

Any apparent breaks in logic or flow in here stem from my clumsy/botched attempt at turning multiple posts into one conversation.
Hey, we're grateful that someone is doing the work to bring us this site and continue to improve it. Any bugs along the way are understandable as growing pains. The Vault gang has pulled off something truly spectacular with this site. I just hope enough FanderWaals find it, to justify all your hard work.

PratiMoksha

Post by PratiMoksha » Wed Mar 27, 2019 6:49 am

Thanks Eric! :thumbsup: :heart:

HotelPapa100

Post by HotelPapa100 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:05 am

See Scarlett recount her memories of Graces career with the Whizz Kids here:

https://youtu.be/SaBGX5YDUD4
YouTube HotelPapa100
Want every YT Video of the UrSB Tour in one easily navigateded spot? Look here.

VanderVault

Post by VanderVault » Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:30 am

EricH wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 6:45 am
The Vault gang has pulled off something truly spectacular with this site. I just hope enough FanderWaals find it, to justify all your hard work.
5-year plan...It's a build! :lol:

Harlechmaker

Post by Harlechmaker » Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:42 am

EricH wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 6:38 am

I was wondering what a "hater" was doing on this site. I am sorry that I did not realize it was a joke. Unfortunately, a joke, even among friends can become something darker when misconstrued. If this were YouTube instead of the Vault, an ugly rumor would be starting about now and trolls would be spreading it.
It's the great hurdle, safely expressing sacrcasm in a text medium. I HAVE to remember that any sarcasm runs the risk of being misconstrued, and ending up sounding trollish.

I'm still gonna use it, I just have to remember it. :P

EricH

Post by EricH » Thu Mar 28, 2019 5:20 am

HotelPapa100 wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:05 am
See Scarlett recount her memories of Graces career with the Whizz Kids here:

https://youtu.be/SaBGX5YDUD4
Just wanted to thank you for this link. I always love to hear a little more of Grace's backstory. Now the challenge is going to be finding recordings of her Broadway songs and of her as a munchkin.

PhilipMcNeill

Post by PhilipMcNeill » Sun Mar 31, 2019 5:50 am

I did some deep searching when that Scarecrow item first showed up way back when.
I didn't keep track, but I do remember seeing a couple of cameos of Grace in backgrounds related to Wizkids, but never any singing.

I was new to the whole Interweb community at that time. Knew enough about metadata in pictures to find her "Upper New York" location for instance.
Also resided in Greenwich & Harrison for several years so somewhat familiar with the area. Competed against PeekSkill while in school, but don't remember if only at home games. Grace's idea of time and distance from her home is also suspect. I would think the time to the city to be closer to 90 mins under normal circumstances.

PratiMoksha

Post by PratiMoksha » Sun Apr 07, 2019 8:28 am

This thread is for past performances we find special in some way, so I'd like to throw in another video to kick off the conversation again. Obviously, most (if not all) of us will already be familiar with this video, but it's interesting how someone else's perspective can sometimes help you gain a new appreciation for a song, or at the very least just make you go "Oh yeah, that one - I haven't listened to it in ages!".

So... the Fender promotion performance of "A Better Life": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTphEozUkxg

This song is all Grace, no co-writers, and here she performs it with only her ukulele as accompaniment. The video appeared online (was made public) at a time when we were all thirsting for new material (because of filming Stargirl) and was such a treat. It was also the first time I'd heard this type of string picking from Grace, and yet, as it turned out, it had been recorded perhaps six months prior to the video being made public (as deduced from her wearing that exact outfit in some IG posts from April 2018). Like with Hideaway, this made the song and video feel like a bit of a time capusule, a message in a bottle from a younger Grace, and yet at the same time it was like she was sharing with us what I felt were some new tricks.

Finally, the video complements the performance perfecctly and captures the emotional tone of the song. (I do like the original version of the song, but feel that her later modifications where she goes down a note and up again on "just close your ee-ee-eyes" better convey the wistful sadness of the song.)

EricH

Post by EricH » Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:28 am

PratiMoksha wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 8:28 am
So... the Fender promotion performance of "A Better Life": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTphEozUkxg
For me this, and not the album version, is the definitive version of the song. It feels so intimate, like she is singing for herself alone and not an audience.

DenisPeloquin

Post by DenisPeloquin » Sun Apr 07, 2019 6:58 pm

EricH wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:28 am
It feels so intimate, like she is singing for herself alone and not an audience.
And from what we see she was alone (though obviously there was the production and camera crew on hand). Come to think of it... She was alone in Stray as well. The earlier produced videos all had scenes with "other" people in it. Then again, "isolation" has been a common theme throughout.

Henriette

Post by Henriette » Mon Apr 08, 2019 12:49 am

Whereas imo nothing beats the Austin City Limits version, the Fender version is special. I think the back and forth between indoor and outdoor scenery and sound very beautifully reflects Grace's recurrent theme of mental world / imagination and real world, and their dependencies. I have no doubt that Grace had a hand in the conceptualization of the video.

Harlechmaker

Post by Harlechmaker » Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:15 am

DenisPeloquin wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 6:58 pm
EricH wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:28 am
It feels so intimate, like she is singing for herself alone and not an audience.
And from what we see she was alone (though obviously there was the production and camera crew on hand). Come to think of it... She was alone in Stray as well. The earlier produced videos all had scenes with "other" people in it. Then again, "isolation" has been a common theme throughout.
Yes, many of her concepts involve isolation or introspection. But they're not always transferable concepts. The image of her singing the first verse to "Clearly" into a makeup mirror is striking. If in her next video she's sitting at a mirror singing "Damn,you're so beautiful, and don't you know it", then perhaps she needs to bring in some outside help. :lol:

AlmostGreat

Post by AlmostGreat » Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:10 am

If in her next video she's sitting at a mirror singing "Damn,you're so beautiful, and don't you know it", then perhaps she needs to bring in some outside help.
That is exactly what I want her to do with the video for that song. Give it a 'Stuart Smalley' from SNL vibe to it.

DenisPeloquin

Post by DenisPeloquin » Mon Apr 08, 2019 3:36 am

Harlechmaker wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:15 am
If in her next video she's sitting at a mirror singing "Damn,you're so beautiful, and don't you know it", then perhaps she needs to bring in some outside help. :lol:
Oh noes... That was the exact imagery I had when I first heard the song. Though I was thinking of it more along the Tony Robbins angle than a Girl, Interrupted.

EricH

Post by EricH » Mon Apr 08, 2019 12:45 pm

PratiMoksha wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 8:28 am
I recommend that everyone go back and watch this video again, taking special note of the way that she keeps her voice relatively quiet thru-out. Every time that she could raise her voice a little, she takes it in the other direction and goes soft, almost as if she doesn't want to disturb someone in the next room.

TrumpIsaStump

Post by TrumpIsaStump » Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:38 pm

Speaking of Grace before 2019, her performance of Hotel California is back on her YouTube channel. The comments are disabled as are a number of her older cover songs. https://youtu.be/Lcvs7VQm6NQ Maybe the removal of the comments has something to do with getting permission from Eagles to have song on YouTube?

VanderVault

Post by VanderVault » Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:53 pm

TrumpIsaStump wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:38 pm
Speaking of Grace before 2019, her performance of Hotel California is back on her YouTube channel. The comments are disabled as are a number of her older cover songs. https://youtu.be/Lcvs7VQm6NQ Maybe the removal of the comments has something to do with getting permission from Eagles to have song on YouTube?
It's more likely to do with YouTube's policy on disabling the comments section on videos featuring young children. It's what prompted us to start this discussion forum, just in case YouTube decided to extend the policy to teens. :thumbsup:

Harlechmaker

Post by Harlechmaker » Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:27 pm

VanderVault wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:53 pm

It's more likely to do with YouTube's policy on disabling the comments section on videos featuring young children. It's what prompted us to start this discussion forum, just in case YouTube decided to extend the policy to teens. :thumbsup:
Actually, the Hotel California and any of her early videos have had comments disabled for more than a year now, as a response to persistent hateful comments with a religious theme by one or two malcontents. I distinctly recall the comments for HC being unavailable before it was made private (as opposed to being reposted, as can be seen by the view count and posting date). Regardless, the change on Grace's comments sections well predates Youtube's most recent policy change.

PratiMoksha

Post by PratiMoksha » Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:42 pm

I had the impression that only some of the videos on her channel had comments disabled before - I'm pretty certain I commented on 12 Stars, for example, while it was still up - whereas more recently all the videos on her channel (as opposed to VEVO) seem to be disabled, and I had assumed this more recent change was due to YT policies regarding minors. (I haven't systematically checked all 72 videos on her personal channel though).

VanderVault

Post by VanderVault » Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:52 pm

Harlechmaker wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:27 pm
Actually, the Hotel California and any of her early videos have had comments disabled for more than a year now, as a response to persistent hateful comments with a religious theme by one or two malcontents. I distinctly recall the comments for HC being unavailable before it was made private (as opposed to being reposted, as can be seen by the view count and posting date). Regardless, the change on Grace's comments sections well predates Youtube's most recent policy change.
Thanks, your encyclopedic knowledge of all things Grace is humbling. :thumbsup:
PratiMoksha wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:42 pm
I had the impression that only some of the videos on her channel had comments disabled before - I'm pretty certain I commented on 12 Stars, for example, while it was still up - whereas more recently all the videos on her channel (as opposed to VEVO) seem to be disabled, and I had assumed this more recent change was due to YT policies regarding minors. (I haven't systematically checked all 72 videos on her personal channel though).
Probably a combination of all of the above for the entire channel. :thumbsup:

Harlechmaker

Post by Harlechmaker » Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:52 pm

Yes, a few more have indeed turned off recently, either in response to the policy change or coincident to them. I was referring to the initial spate of deactivations, including Hotel California, which well preceded the change. Either way, it's a sad development, as Grace and her fans no longer get to enjoy the huge stockpile of complimentary notes from well-wishers and fans.

TrumpIsaStump

Post by TrumpIsaStump » Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:11 pm

Harlechmaker wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:52 pm
Yes, a few more have indeed turned off recently, either in response to the policy change or coincident to them. I was referring to the initial spate of deactivations, including Hotel California, which well preceded the change. Either way, it's a sad development, as Grace and her fans no longer get to enjoy the huge stockpile of complimentary notes from well-wishers and fans.
Interestingly a fan posted a copy of Grace's cover of Hotel California in which the comments section is up and running, but has some of the nasty trolls stinking up the place. So it is most likely Grace turned the comments off on her channel. Here's the fansite posting:
https://youtu.be/5GpHqwGw9kA

Harlechmaker

Post by Harlechmaker » Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:56 pm

Which Spiderman movie was the one with the line, "With great popularity comes great trollery"? I keep forgetting... :P

Harlechmaker

Post by Harlechmaker » Tue Apr 30, 2019 11:56 pm

Moonlight official video just passed 40 million on YouTube. A testament to her continuing appeal to those who know of her. Widen the circle, that's the next step.

anthonminsky

Post by anthonminsky » Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:39 am

DarksomeNight wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:37 pm
We never tire of talking about all of Graces songs and performances. Every once in a while someone finds a gem from years ago that slipped through the cracks or not given enough attention. Feel free to talk about it here. Just hit the reply button!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFQiG0QeEY8
I thought this one kind of slipped through the cracks. Such a nice little casual version of 'Light the Sky', with Grace in England, at barely 13 years old. During her time over there for the Austria Olympics, I think. She does such a cool quirky version of it with all her little variations and breaking character like she does throughout. Great version. Great Grace-ness. So confident, and not a nervous bone in sight.

EricH

Post by EricH » Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:46 pm

Is anyone aware of any recorded performances by Grace between this one at 3 years old:
https://youtu.be/4tYhr3PrT7I
And this one at 10 years old?
https://youtu.be/dnF65pSItRo
Last edited by EricH on Thu Oct 24, 2019 1:09 am, edited 2 times in total.

EricH

Post by EricH » Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:50 pm

anthonminsky wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:39 am
DarksomeNight wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:37 pm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFQiG0QeEY8
I thought this one kind of slipped through the cracks. Such a nice little casual version of 'Light the Sky', with Grace in England, at barely 13 years old. During her time over there for the Austria Olympics, I think. She does such a cool quirky version of it with all her little variations and breaking character like she does throughout. Great version. Great Grace-ness. So confident, and not a nervous bone in sight.
Thank you for this catch. It is nice to see Grace so laid-back as she performs at this shop.

Connie&RayS

Post by Connie&RayS » Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:51 pm

Somewhere Over the Rainbow did not only appear in a car commercial. The full song appeared on her EP released in Japan. It is very much in the style of Israel (Iz) Kamakawiwo'ole. I found this version but it tends to pause a lot (you may have to copy and past into your browser): https://streamable.com/dpawo

I also saw a direct link to a Japanese website in one of the forums (Valderwaal Charts?) once.

BradHaney

Post by BradHaney » Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:47 am

Connie&RayS wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:51 pm
Somewhere Over the Rainbow did not only appear in a car commercial. The full song appeared on her EP released in Japan. It is very much in the style of Israel (Iz) Kamakawiwo'ole. I found this version but it tends to pause a lot (you may have to copy and past into your browser): https://streamable.com/dpawo

I also saw a direct link to a Japanese website in one of the forums (Valderwaal Charts?) once.
https://www.bilibili.com/video/av162629 ... 2008023294

TimNeely

Post by TimNeely » Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:08 am

Yesterday (November 15, 2019), almost three years after the release of Perfectly Imperfect, I finally bought a copy for my CD collection. And it's the special limited Walmart edition, too!

I went into a different Walmart than the one where I usually shop. This store is about 50 percent larger, or so it seems. While looking for other things, I happened upon the music section. Yes, this Wally World still has music, and lots of it (by 2019 standards); in addition to at least a thousand CDs, it had at least 100 vinyl albums. Plus it had a separate section of several hundred Christmas CDs. I was about to leave when I thought, "Just for the heck of it, let me look under V..." And about four CDs in, I saw this:
20191116_022011_compress71.jpg
Of course I had to buy it!

Whether it's been in the racks for three years, or whether it was found in a warehouse recently, I don't know. But there evidently are still some copies of PI lurking in Walmarts out there. It's up to us to find them if so desired.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

TimNeely

Post by TimNeely » Sun Nov 17, 2019 6:02 pm

To add to my PI post above:

Shortly after I took that picture, I opened it and played it. It took me back to when I was first listening to Grace's music, which wasn't until a year after AGT. "Gossip Girl" skipped on the first CD player I used, but it played fine on a second one. To quote an old Johnny Cash song, "I guess things happen that way."

"Beautiful Thing" as a piano ballad remains striking -- the highlight of the EP to me. It gave me goosebumps all over again, and it's still my #2 Grace song behind only "Darkness Keeps Chasing Me."

"Gossip Girl" sounds like Grace as a young Alanis Morissette -- all the anger without the profanity and sexual situations. Until I heard it on my stereo system rather than through computer or phone speakers, I guess I didn't know how powerful it was.

The AGT performance of "I Don't Know My Name" is so iconic that the EP version feels overproduced -- which PI as a whole is not. It doesn't need the cello effect or the big buildup at the end, because the last verse itself is the triumph.

"Clay" and "Light the Sky" are still excellent. The AGT producers already had started adding extra elements to her live performanes, so these don't sound that different except for the added length.

The bonus cut, "Missing You" (or, as it's sometimes called, "Miss You"), was disappointing -- not in its content, but in sound quality. It sounds as if it was dubbed straight from the lo-fi YouTube video. I guess a part of me hoped that maybe a Bean Runner Cafe performance was professionally, or even semi-professionally, recorded at some point, but I guess not.

Henning

Post by Henning » Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:40 pm

On my Japanese EP there are two more YouTube dubs, Scars to your beautiful and The A team. It was pretty easy to get online. I wonder where Over the rainbow can be found, was that on the Japanese LP maybe?

HotelPapa100

Post by HotelPapa100 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:12 pm

Henning wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:40 pm
On my Japanese EP there are two more YouTube dubs, Scars to your beautiful and The A team. It was pretty easy to get online. I wonder where Over the rainbow can be found, was that on the Japanese LP maybe?
I don't remember if I got it on PI or JtB, but it is on one of those two.
YouTube HotelPapa100
Want every YT Video of the UrSB Tour in one easily navigateded spot? Look here.

Harlechmaker

Post by Harlechmaker » Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:28 pm

HotelPapa100 wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:12 pm
Henning wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:40 pm
I don't remember if I got it on PI or JtB, but it is on one of those two.
She recorded it in June 2017, so Japanese JtB, I'd assume.

Iamagracefan

Post by Iamagracefan » Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:37 pm

EricH wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:18 pm
October 26, 2014, at 10 years old Grace performed "If I Only Had A Brain". A flawless performance, a beautiful voice and note, no signature voice breaks. She not only sang the song perfectly but she did a great job of stumbling about as she sang. And when she sat on the floor and got up in the middle of the performance, it was gracefully done. Also, when she sang the words rain and pain she sang them softly and you could feel the emotion.
You never or rarely hear about this performance, but it is easy to see from this that Grace had a special talent at 10. I wonder if there are any other hidden gems like this.
Of special note, the woman introducing Grace, I believe, is the same woman who invited Grace to perform at open mic nights at the Beanrunner Cafe, suggesting that she and Tina VanderWaal knew each other.
Also, it has been suggested that this video proves that her friends knew that she sang. I would like to point out that there are almost exclusively adults at this performance and that it occurs in the same town that Grace has stated that she went to, to perform at open mic nights so her friends wouldn't see her perform.

I apologize, I've done it again. I've duplicated a post because I haven't yet gotten the hang of navigating this site.
Thank you so much!
That was wonderful!
I think that was a special class , not at school and those were not her friends.

Iamagracefan

Post by Iamagracefan » Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:40 pm

TimNeely wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:08 am
Yesterday (November 15, 2019), almost three years after the release of Perfectly Imperfect, I finally bought a copy for my CD collection. And it's the special limited Walmart edition, too!

I went into a different Walmart than the one where I usually shop. This store is about 50 percent larger, or so it seems. While looking for other things, I happened upon the music section. Yes, this Wally World still has music, and lots of it (by 2019 standards); in addition to at least a thousand CDs, it had at least 100 vinyl albums. Plus it had a separate section of several hundred Christmas CDs. I was about to leave when I thought, "Just for the heck of it, let me look under V..." And about four CDs in, I saw this:

Whether it's been in the racks for three years, or whether it was found in a warehouse recently, I don't know. But there evidently are still some copies of PI lurking in Walmarts out there. It's up to us to find them if so desired.
What was the bonus song?

Harlechmaker

Post by Harlechmaker » Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:33 pm

Iamagracefan wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:40 pm
TimNeely wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:08 am

What was the bonus song?
Missing You (coffeehouse version)

https://youtu.be/Ry9fBgfxElU

sorensk@me.com

Post by sorensk@me.com » Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:56 pm

Iamagracefan wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:37 pm
EricH wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:18 pm

Thank you so much!
That was wonderful!
I think that was a special class , not at school and those were not her friends.
Grace sang before an audience at the annual Oz event in Peekskil. Peekskil's claim to The Wizard of Oz is that the author of Oz, L. Frank Baum, went to school in Peekskill for 2 years beginning in 1868 (he was not apparently very happy there)